Back in 2004, I was graduating college in South Carolina, completely convinced that I would be working for an advertising agency, getting my Masters in Fine Art Photography and still single for at least the next 3 years. Within a little over one year, I was married to my best friend and photographing weddings in the middle of the Adirondacks. I’ve learned to never doubt the possibilities life can give you.
I photographed well over 100 weddings before our third child was born in the beginning of 2013. Tears filled my eyes at a wedding I photographed in late 2012 in Philadelphia because I knew it could be my last. I truly loved photographing weddings. I loved the raw emotions, the fast pace and the sheer beauty and importance of the day.
But, I see and experience all of these things in my time with each family I photograph now. My passion is capturing pure, loving relationships within a family. Our children are only little for such a short time. Sure, the days can sometimes drag, but the years somehow fly by. And, I believe in the importance of freezing time on any given day with your child. As a mom, I realize that there aren’t days as big as your wedding day to capture, but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t just as important to capture for posterity. It is my pleasure and joy to freeze this precious time forever in a photograph.
Five things you should know about me:
- I married the love of my life on September 17, 2005. He has taught me so much, and I would not be who I am (photographer included) without him!
- I have four little ones: Claire born 2009, Ellen born 2011, Benjamin born 2013 and Emily born in 2015. They are growing up way too fast, which reminds me daily of why I do what I do.
- I am a morning person, but I do not function without coffee and protein first thing.
- I’m a perfectionist with a messy house. It may not make sense, but I keep waiting for the perfect time to clean… and, that time doesn’t really exist with kids, right?
- I grew up in the mountains of North Carolina. I fell in love with my husband in the mountains of Colorado. My business really took off in the Adirondack mountains of New York. Even though we live in the suburbs of Philadelphia, I crave being in the mountains.
Ready to book your session that will tell your story? Contact me for more information.